Friday, April 13, 2012

March 2012 Daily Journal

WOW - March's 2012 Daily journal is CHUNKY, 3 inches to be exact! I had a great time working with these awesome designs available for purchase at http://www.marionsmithdesigns.com. This month's color inspiration was:

I'm loving all the colors and details in this month's book. And these colors are some of my all-time favorites.

I decided to try a different method of binding. It is called a hidden hinge and I love it! Binding the book this way, allowed me to include embellishments on every page. For embellishments I used several of the motifs on the page in reduced or enlarged sizes, then fussy cut them out and added some vintage Prima flowers.



Look for a video soon on how I bound the book. In the meantime, here is a walk through video of every page.



I hope you enjoyed this project. Are you working on Marion's Journals? If so, please be sure to tag us in Artsy Addicts so that we can see what you have created.

Thanks for stopping in today,

Tonya Gibbs
http://www.psychomoms.com

2 comments:

  1. Great album. So beachy makes me want to go on vacation. I can't wait to see that hidden hinge tutorial. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow just beautiful Tonya, you rock the journals, wowowo can't wait to see how you bound it...:)))))))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover