Friday, June 1, 2012

Featured Artist | Sandra Bletzer

Hello,



My name is Sandra Bletzer and I have been scrapbooking for the last 15 years.



My passion for the art is a direct result for my desire to preserve memories for my family. Over the years I have evolved my style and process of putting layouts, cards, or altered projects together. I first came across Artsy Addicts after following Marion Smiths on YouTube and Live With Prima, her style has inspired me to create freely... 'There are no rules to making something pretty. '



I wanted to share with you my process for a layout I created for my godson. One thing I love to do is gather all my paper / embellishments together and challenge myself to use them freely. Once I have chosen everything I may or may not use, I place them in a bowl until I'm ready for them.





Next, I begin to lay everything out and keep adding; I believe you can never have enough layers ... more is best!



The end result is a very layered and collaged layout which I will later frame in a shadow box; remember there are no rules in making something pretty. Create freely and do what you love.



www.mrsjjb1999.blogspot.com







 

4 comments:

  1. your layout is just stunning.  congrats on being featured...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra and welcome to the blog and whoooo wow what a beautiful layout, thanks so much for sharing your process of how you begin, that is so fun to know how someone begins and their way of being creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - i love this layout so sweet. It was great getting to know a little more about you. I always love your shares. I agree you can never have too many layers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover