Friday, August 17, 2012

Stashed Treasures Part 2


Last week I shared with you a layout that I was making. The layout is going to be used as a collaborate book with a group of other friends.   My theme was to use something that I had never used before or scraps. 

Today I wanted to share with you the other side to the layout.




Everything on this side was a scrap. The paper in the background was scraps from the other side, and was quilted together to form the base. A Strip of Prima Almanac paper was used to form a pocket in the middle of the page.  The Inspire label was a remnant from the April Journal from Marion, and the Pocket was also one of the left over pieces from one of Marion's Journals.  The two flowers were cut from scraps of book pages, and the trim and lace were all less than 3 inch pieces that were in my stash.

I love using my scraps, and look how beautiful this all turned out.  I hear people say all the time, I toss my scraps.  Well I don't when I'm between projects I pull those scraps out and I make cards, layouts, journal pages.  

I love how the small pieces of trim on the right side mimic the piano keys on the left.  Funny thing was I didn't realize I had done that until the photographs were taken.

I have a challenge on my blog http://www.psychomomscrapbooks.blogspot.com for using your scraps and/or a product that you have purchased and never used.   Contest ends Sept. 1.  See my blog for details.


Thanks for stopping in today,

Tonya


RESOURCES:   
  1. Prima:   Reflections Paper - Shalamar, Almanac Paper. Black sequin fiber
  2. Graphic 45:  Stamped Girl - Ladies Diary
  3. Ranger:  Distress Markers (colored the girl with them).
  4. Marion Smith Designs:  Envelope and  Journal Card
  5. Tonya Gibbs Designs:  Inspire Label
  6. EK Success Scallop Circle Punch
  7. Tonic Studios: Lacy Scallop Border Punch
  8. Misc. Pearl Trim, Lace, Twine, Buttons, Doily, Black Cardstock.
  9.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow I love this!!! Well done and using our scraps it a great idea. I tend to save all scraps and then stick away and forget about them. thanks for the great inspiration and challenge!!! Love the page!!!!!
    Hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover