Friday, August 3, 2012

Thinking of You Card

I wanted to share with you today a card that I created with the Graphic 45 Ladies' Diary paper collection.  I LOVE the vintage look of this paper, and thought the stamped image would be beautiful colored with my Distress Markers by Tim Holtz.



These markers are a bit tricky to color with, but I think the image turned out beautiful.  I used the Ranger Stamping Paper for the base.  Then used Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet to color her dress.  To achieve the shading I just put a small amount of water on the paper before applying the ink.  Then I spread the ink with a water brush, and tapped the excess water away with a paper towel to keep the paper from buckling.  Here is a close up of the girl.



In this photo, you can see the Prima Cabbage roses were also painted with the Tim Holtz Spun Sugar pen,  I put streaks of color onto the roses then used the water brush to spread the ink around.  This technique gave the flowers a variegated look.


Do you have the Distress Markers?  If so, how are you using them.
Thanks for stopping in today.

Tonya Gibbs


Resources:
  • Graphic 45:   Ladies' Diary "Moment in Time" paper, Lady's Diary Stamp No. 6
  • Prima: wooden clock, cabbage roses, mini roses
  • Ranger: Tim Holtz Distress Markers:  Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet (Dress & Hat), Aged Mahogany (Hat), Tattered Rose (Skin), Pumice Stone (shadow), Scattered Straw (background)
  • Gelly Roll - Crystal Star Glitter pen (hat), gold pen for buttons.
  • lace
  • black card stock
  •  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover