Friday, November 2, 2012

Trick or Treat - Halloween 2012

Mr. Cooper, my 5 year old Nephew, decided this year he wanted to be the "Dark Knight" for Halloween. I asked him why, and he said "Because he is cooler than Spiderman".  I believe he was Spiderman last year (lol).  I love to ask all the little ones year after year, why they have decided on their costumes. It is a fun way to add journaling to your layouts, and makes for interesting topics as they get older.
 
This year, I used Marion's digi downloads from the Something Wicked Halloween Mini Album to create my 12x12 layout.  By layering the smaller designs and fussy cutting out the iconic elements, I was able to make the layout interesting and fun.
 
I dropped some Tattered Angels - Clam Bake - Glimmer Mist on the background cardstock,  then blew on the droplets, to create a splattered effect.
 

 
I have shared many times, that I love incorporating older products. Sometimes you need to give them a fresh look to match newer lines or themes.  The chipboard letters that spell out Treat were PINK - yes - PINK, and I painted them with Orange Extreme Glitter Paint from Plaid. It took several coats to hide the pink - but it was well worth it.  I used the heat tool to bubbled up the paint, so that it would look grungy.   The buttons were a set of old buttons from 2002 Daisy Dee (who is no longer in business) - it is nice to have them completely used and out of my stash.  From the scrap pile, I used some scrap canvas that I had painted orange for a Prima BAP layout, to create the tab.   Since I didn't have enough letters to spell out Trick or, I just hand wrote them on the canvas.  The 2012 is a piece of Mylar confetti that I got for Brittany's Graduation party.  I love to collect these, they make great date references on your projects.
 
 
 
 
The real treat here - is the joy I get seeing the kids excited.  I love when they ring my door bell, I act scared, and they just giggle. 
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 
 
Resources:
  • Black cardstock

  • Marion Smith Designs Digi Downloads - Something Wicked Halloween Mini Album.
  • Plaid - Extreme Glitter Paint Orange
  • Tattered Angels - Clam Bake Glimmer Mist
  • My Favorite Things Stamps - Curly Bracket Tab Die
  • Daisy Dee - Buttons
  • Devine Twine - Orange Bankers Twine
  • EK Success Pumpkin dimensional, Washi Tape - Polk-A-Dot  
  • Ranger, Black Soot Distress Ink
  • Prima - Distress Tool
  • 2012 - Confetti
  • Chipboard Letters
  • Stamping Up - Mini Label Punch
  • Canvas
  •  
     
     
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover