Saturday, January 5, 2013

Valentine's Cards

My favorite part of Valentine's Day is making Valentine's cards. The cheesier the better. Just love them.  When my kids were little  I used to hand make them for their classes.  Today I thought I would share a simple card design that is easy to duplicate 20 + times.

I used Pink Paislee's Secret Crush as my paper.

 
 
 
I started with a piece of white card stock cut 8.5 x 3.25 inches.  Then I folded the card at 4 inches then again at 8 inches then stapled it close to the folded edge.  Then I trimmed a piece of the Secret Crush paper, and added the Tim Holtz Mover's & Shapers Mini Typewriter die cut from Silver Card stock.  The To and From were printed from my computer using a the Rough Typewriter Font. 
 
If you are making these for a class room, you could easily type out the names for your child and cut them to fit inside the typewriter.  I kept this card simple so that it was easily duplicated.
 
Then on the inside...
 
 
 
I glued a stick of gum and used some dollar stamps from Studio G to write out  "I'm Stuck On You", however, this could easily be printed on the computer before you assemble the cards.  The hearts were in the Pink Paislee Portfolio Clear Stamp Set.
 
These cards will be super fun to make with your child.  If you don't have small children, making them for the grown up kids in your life.
 
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover