Friday, February 15, 2013

Smash Pages

Today I would like to share with you some of the pages that I've created in my K & Co. Smash book. All of these pages were desinged using scraps.

Since these journals are pre-bound with a rather small coil, it is important to keep the pages somewhat flat.  I build out my layers with paper, since they are not too bulky.  I try to use as many of the smaller pieces as possible to hide the patterns that are pre-printed on the journal pages.

In this layout - I only had a few of the chipboard letters left, so I abbreviated the words Love and You so that I could use what I have. 


 
 
I just love to layer  scraps of paper.  Feel free to rip, tear, punch pieces of scrap to give your layouts more interest. Other awesome products to include are paper clips, washi tapes, journal cards, tags, envelopes, flat flowers, buttons, rub-ons, ribbon, staples and transparency lay-overs.
 
 
This layout is a photo I took at Easter of the Gibbs kids. I wanted the photo to really pop and I loved how the blue theme of this page worked well with my Easter photo.  To tone down the bright colored background, I layered some softer pastel banners  in the negative space aross the top. Don't forget to pull out your stamps for these books too.
 





Thanks for stopping in today,

Tonya Gibbs
http://www.psychomomscrapbooks.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Cool Smash pages! Love the one with the entire family, need to do that with the Grandkids this year during the hunt of all of them together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya so love love your pages...beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover