Friday, February 1, 2013

Valentine's Card

With Valentine's Day around the corner, I thought I would share with you a card I made using the new Tattered Angel's Bare Metals Paint System - Rusty Metal and some of my Tim Holtz Alterations products. I said it before, and I will say it again, These paint systems + Tim Holtz - OH MY!
 

 
 
 
I used  kraft card stock as my base card. Then embossed a piece of scrap white card stock with the postcard embossing folder. I thought the contrast really called attention to the rusty metal tag.  As the focal point of the card, I used a manila tag and the Tattered Angels' Paint System - Rusty Metal. I know this goes without saying, but ... I LOVE these new systems!  I love how the rusty metal paint system makes the lock look old and tattered.  You can really see the texture that heating the glaze gives to the paper.   I also used the vintage pink from the system to color my roses, then brushed some of the Camel Glam from the kit over the top of the roses to grunge them up and give them sparkle.     


 
Here is a glimpse of the tag prior to decorating it.

 
 
Here is a video on how to create the effect used on the tag.
 
 
 The card is so romantic and I just love the tattered girly grunge effects. It reminds me of a Love that has stood the test of time. In a few weeks my husband and I will celebrate our 23 wedding anniversary and this card will be a gift to him for Valentine's Day.
 
Thank you for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 
Project Resources:
  • Tattered Angels - Naturally Aged Paint System Bare Metal - Rusty Metal
  • Sizzix - Tim Holtz - Texture Fades - Alterations - Embossing Folders - Postcard and Sheet Music
  • Sizzix - Tim Holtz - Movers and Shapers Die - Alterations - Mini Lock and Key Set
  • Sizzix - Tim Holtz - Movers and Shapers Die - Alterations - Cargo Stencil Number Set
  • Sizzix - Jewelry Die - Primative Hearts
  • Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pads - Rusty Hinge
  • Prima - Fabric Leaves 
  • Prima - Sherwood Rose Collection - Truffle
  • Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz - 100th Collection

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Abigail - thank you - I think Ramona shared it, but I was the one who created it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover