Thursday, April 25, 2013

Layout | First Year Teacher

Candid shots. They're my favorite. Especially when they have a great story behind them. These pics were from my very first year as a teacher. I was in my classroom and wanted to get an early morning pic to show just how excited I was to start teaching.

I decided to scrapbook these photos this week because it's been about 3 years since I took this photo and these pics had been sitting on my scrap table just as long. Time to give them a home...don't you think??


I started knowing I wanted to use these pictures and that I absolutely love pink. I recently subscribed to Citrus Twist Project Life kit and my first kit came with the Maggie Holmes collection from Crate Paper.  Everything else was a fill in from scraps around my scrap table.

The alpha number banner was a scrap from Crate Paper's on trend collection. Since the background paper is kraft and the inner script paper is off white I decided to use this paper as a transition between the two colors and a base to break up all the other colors added to the layout.





The layout turned out just as I like it.....A few pops of color with a mostly neutral background. I tend to make fashion choices this way too. Ha!!!

Thanks for stopping by everyone.

Have a great week.

Always,

Angela


The Deets: 

Background "Gold & Kraft Leaves patterned paper CP2690, "Tan & Ivory French Script patterned paper CP2693, and yellow fabric "Yellow Canvas Flower" CVS3377 are from Canvas Corp. Yellow "Love Life" card, Triangle 6x4 card and Anchor envelope came in my Studio Calico PL kit for April. Teal Chevron PP, Tag, Butterfly border strip, Doily pp, Flower pp, teal luggage tag from Maggie Holmes for Crate Paper.  Thickers by Basic Grey "teacher" and American Crafts "First Year."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover