Thursday, May 16, 2013

Altered Photo Tray | My favorite things....

Happy Thursday everyone.

We're over the hump and the week is almost at the close. The weekend so close you can taste it. Just like the end of the school year for all us teachers out here. The kids are feeling a little squirly with anticipation, but school is still in full swing.

Also in full swing is the Texas weather. It's been crazy down here ya'll <---bonified TEXAS vernacular!! There's been rain storms, cold weather, and humity in the same week. Not a good feeling for allergy sufferers like me. Thank goodness for Xyrtec.

Anywhoo, in hopes of bringing the wonderful summer feeling into my craft room I decided to alter this cute 7 Gypsies photo tray this week. It's been eyeing me from under my sewing table for the past few weeks, and while I was rearranging craft supplies the other day things just seemed to fall into place. I found a bunch of Vintage Trinkets that Marion designed,  my collection of feathers caught my eye, and everything just came together in a beautiful blur.

 photo SmallAlteredCubeCC52013_zpse2e219cf.jpg



I also used Marion's Rolled Roses printable as well. It took me a few tries to get it just right, and even then I still wasn't 100% satisfied. Tucking that rose in the corner of this photo tray with a bit of hot glue made me very unfrustrated happy. That's were I started this entire project.


 photo AlteredFrameCloseWeb_zpse43f57ed.jpg


Everything else seemed to fit just right in the nooks of the frame and I'm so happy with the outcome. I don't "do" many altered projects but I'm definitely pleased with the outcome of this one. Plus is showcases some of my favorite things: Feathers, Flowers, Bling, and charms.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Angela Carter
www.alwaysangella.com

4 comments:

  1. This is very pretty just my style

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of those trays sooooo adorable Angie, and you did a fabulous job on the rolled roses by Marion, they are so fun to play with....shabby chic pretty.

    hugs,
    Peggy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cluster of roses sits so perfectly where they're placed!!! I love the colors and the feathers!!!! VERY pretty!!!
    Jordanna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover