Friday, June 14, 2013

4th of July Table Caddy

4th of July is one of my all time favorite holidays - JUST LOVE IT!  The colors, the celebrations, parades, parties, fireworks - who could ask for more fun?
 
I was trying to think of some fun decorative ideas for parties.  A few weeks ago I shared with you an invitation, and today I thought I would alter a six pack box to use as a table caddy.  
 
 
 
Here are the supplies I used to alter the caddy.   In addition to the supplies listed below, you need to upcycle a beverage six pack box.  I used two sheets of each of these papers to complete the box.  Measurements will vary depending on your box.  I started with the bottom and completely cover it wrapping about a half an inch up the sides to keep my utensils from falling out. Then covered the over hang with the side panels. 
 
 
 
I used Canvas Corps' Royal Blue And White Stars Reverse Paper as my base. Then made pinwheels with the Red & White Ribbon Stripe paper then cut them in half and topped these beautiful Red Canvas Banners.  Tied the banner with the Red Canvas corp Twine bows.  Then add a little sparkle with party garland, cake pick star Tucked in a Small American Flag as a topper,  and this catty turned out FAB!
Our high school team colors are royal blue, white, and red I think I may modify this caddy after the 4th for a tailgate caddy by removing the flag and adding a football!
 
 
**Side note:  Place a water bottle in the back center spot to weigh the box down so it doesn't blow off the table.  You can camouflage the bottle with paper napkins. **
 
 
Here is a second invitation I made with the scraps from this project.
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Tonya this is super adorable....what a great way to use your holiday supplies...love love

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover