Monday, June 10, 2013

Father's Day Card

 With "Father's Day" coming upon us soon, I decided to share with you one of my cards I created to celebrate this special day for the men in our lives. I knew I wanted a grunge feel with warm colors, I started with kraft card stock 6x12 folded in half. Distressed all the paper edges and used Distress ink-walnut stain to give the worn and weather look..one of my favs!  So love the tiny clothespin from Canvas Corp (which comes in a rainbow of colors perfect for your projects).
Here is a look at the papers I used from 7gypsies two paper collections.
"Travel and Epicurean"
it's great to mix and match
I know every man needs some gears on their cards, so I used Tim Holtz Gears Die cut from chip board and papers, glued together and embossed with a embossing folder, inked all edges.
The gears needed something more
 so I grabbed my 7gypsies
 awesome Time Steampunk Rubons!
I was thirlled with the way it came out....
I've been playing with this adorable
CTMH stamp-Perfect Fit Dad-Holiday set.

To finish off the card I couldn't create a project without "glimmer mist"!
Grabbed my Graphite glimmer mist from Tattered Angels and started
to splatter the whole card.
"super cool effect"
What are you creating for your special men in your life?

Thanks for stopping by,
 Peggy Lee

Supplies:
Canvas Corp: kraft cardstock, mixed media glue, clothespins in black
Tattered Angels: graphite glimmer mist
7Gypsies: Hampton Art Script stamp, 6x6 paper pad in Travel and Epicurean, Time Steampunk Rubons
Colorbok: black and red cardstock
Tim Holtz: gears die, distress ink in walnut stain, archival ink black
CTMH: Perfect Fit Day-Holiday stamp, black and vineyard berry ink
and Cricut Artiste and Art Philosophy Cartridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover