Monday, July 15, 2013

ATC: Americana

 A few weeks ago when I was creating my 4th of July art to decorate around my home, a group of my friends decided we should start swapping ATC with each other...so here is my little goodie!
Our theme of course was "Americana"
I used the 7gypsies Epicuream papers with adding some stucco/gesso with a crackle mask and stamping to create the ATC background texture.
 Flag was super awesome to create: on the flag stamp I used distress ink faded jean-I inked it up only the star part in distress ink then carefully dabbed a brush loaded with water on the stamp (just a hit and miss) then stamp it onto Canvas Corp textured handmade paper allow to dry...gives a great water color effect.
The same steps with the red stripes on the flag using distress ink barn door after dried cut out flag distress edges and glue to a toothpick that has been stained with distress ink walnut ink...glue down onto the ATC background then tie a tad of lace and stamp the title. To add even more texture crinckle up the flag then glue down and the topper of awesome is the splatting of glimmer mist over the whole ATC!!!
Next ATC will be a Christmas Theme! Whooo Christmas Time in July!
Thanks for stopping bye,
Peggy Lee
http://pegbaker.blogspot.com/

Supplies:
ATC: cardboard
7gypsies Epicuream paper
Dylusions ink spray: black marble
Tattered Angels: Army Green and Graphite
Ranger: Distress ink-Faded Jean and Walnut ink
CTMH: stamps-script and star/flag
Paint: yellow ochre
Stucco/Gesso
Prima: crackle mask

1 comment:

  1. Hi Peggy, LOVE this ATC. I have been thinking about making some of the ATCs, to me they are like "mini" scrapbook pages. Thanks for the inspiration to try now. I have no one to swap with so I guess I get to keep all that I create :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover