Friday, November 29, 2013

December Daily - by Tonya Gibbs

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving!  Today starts BLACK FRIDAY and the beginning of the Holiday Season.  Every year, I try to do a December Daily, and it seems that I get started then BOOM life gets crazy, and I totally drop the ball.  This year I want to try a different approach.  I'm going to share my weekly progress here, with you guys.  Each Friday, I will share with you my pages from the week! Hopefully, this will hold me accountable, and encourage me to finish mine, while  inspiring  you to finish yours!

This year I'm using Basic Grey's 25th & Pine.  I love the vintage feel of this collection, and thought the simple patterns allowed for a lot of layering options.  As you can see the collection has lots of Yummy embellies to bring the book to life.


I created the covers during my November Ustream. My December Ustream will be Monday, Dec. 2 at 8:30 pm est,  and I will created the first few days and couple of tags.  If you have time, I hope you join us!  My channel name is:  http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gibbst


 
I love the ornaments in this collection, so I wanted to use them on the covers. 

 
Chalkboards are very popular this year, so I thought it would be fun to include some in my book. 
 
 
Aren't these ADORABLE and fun? I thought this would be a cute embellishment cluster for a few of the number sets.   I have a video in the playlist showing you how to make them. 
 
 
This was an "Uh Oh" from another project that ended up being an awesome addition to this project. (Never throw away the mistakes - you just never know when they will work for something else.  Basically this is a 6 inch x 9.5 inch  sheet of red cardstock.  With an on the edge die cut from the top and the bottom.  Then I folded the bottom up to form a 6x6 square sewed the edges to make the flap into a pocket.  Then trimmed the edge with washi tape.  Now this mistake will make a great pocket for one of my days.  I may trim it out with paper, when I decided to use it. 
 
 
Follow on YouTube as well as here.
There will be weekly videos with additional tutorials and helpful hints along the way.  I've created a YouTube Play list that includes all of my Ustreams, and individual tutorials that you need to create this project with me.    There are already 8 videos in the list for you to enjoy. 
  1.  November Ustream (this was recorded in 3 parts for some strange reason). Part 1
  2.  November Ustream. Part 2
  3.  November Ustream. Part 3
  4. Coffee Staining Small tags for the books
  5. Organizing yourself, FAQ, and Page 1
  6. Library Pockets
  7. Poinsettia tutorial
  8. Polaroid Shaker frame for a few of the number sets.  
I know several who have already started sharing photos of their projects.  If you create a project inspired by this one, please be sure to share it on the Artsy Addicts Facebook page and be sure to tag me in the post, so I can admire your work. 
 
Now - I must go see if I can find some good Black Friday deals. 
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover