Friday, November 1, 2013

Fright Night Layout by Tonya Gibbs

Ok, how many of you are now on a sugar overload?  Go ahead raise your hands. I know you were hoarding all the good chocolates for yourself!   Come on confess....
Just kidding.....

My nephew, Cooper, came over a few hours last weekend and we carved a pumpkin. Then had a scary vampire photo shoot.  

For today's project, I decided to use the paper and embellishment packs that were left over from my Sept. Ustream class.  In that class we used Basic Grey's Persimmon line. My objective was to use as much of the left overs as possible and kill off this kit.

To make this process fun, I decided to give myself a few prompts.



PROMPT 1:  Use Burlap and Jute. I love the look of burlap and jute twine on a fall layout.  I think the natural tones really help to enforce the theme of fall, and give your layouts an organic element.


 
 
PROMPT 2:  Use chunky glitter nail polish and dark pens to help your title pop!  The nail polish gives a glossy texture to the lettering, and the glitter looks like bubbly potion (haaa) or night time stars.  The dark outline around the letters gives them depth and weight, making your spooky title pop!
 
 
PROMPT 3:  Use navy blue instead of black on your Halloween layouts!  One thing I liked about the Persimmon line, is its use of navy blue instead of black.  Love the unexpected color shift from the traditional black. Since chalkboards are super trendy right now, I used the solid navy blue from the 6x6 paper pad, and a white gel pen for my journaling.   
 
 
PROMPT 4:  Die cut your scraps from the collection and use them immediately. Gather up the scraps from this collection, pull those punches out of hiding, and eliminate the scrap pile! Great layers have multiple items of different sizes and textures. I used a Fiskar's Leaf punch and a small scrap of the patterned paper for my leaves.  Then another EK Success labels punch for another accent.  I challenge you to free your punches/dies and start making elements to use for layers.

My favorite neutral punches/die shapes are:  hexagons, banners, tickets, birds, butterflies, branches, leaves, flowers, cameras, labels, frames, hearts, arrows, chevrons, doilies, tabs, and tags.   All of these can be used anytime, and any place.  Your objective is to USE THOSE SCRAPS.
 
Here is a process video on me completing this layout. 
 



I hope you have enjoyed this layout share.

Thanks for stopping in today,

Tonya A. Gibbs
http://www.psychomomscrapbooks.blogspot.com

Resources for this layout:
  • BasicGrey - Persimmon Collection - 6 x 6 Paper Pad
  • BasicGrey - Persimmon Collection - Chipboard Stickers - Shapes
  • BasicGrey - Persimmon Collection - Die Cut Cardstock and Transparency Pieces
  • BasicGrey - Persimmon Collection - Mixed Brads
  • BasicGrey - Persimmon Collection - Printed Wood Veneer Cards
  • Fiskars - Limited Edition - Squeeze Punch - Large - Leaf it to Me,
  • Maya Road - Chipboard Set - Shot Through the Heart
  • Spellbinders - Shapeabilities Collection - Die Cutting and Embossing Templates - Snapshot
  • Sizzix  - Tim Holtz - Bigz Die - Extra Long Die Cutting Template - Word Play
  • EK Success - Punch - Large - Flourish Square
  • My Favorite Things Stamps - Dizzy Doily Die
  • Ranger - Archival Ink - Coffee
  • Prima - Distress tool
  • May Arts - Jute
  • Canvas Corp - burlap
  • Gold Glitter Nail Polish
  • Ribbon
  • Do Art Ticket Die

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover