Friday, January 17, 2014

Love Notes - by Tonya Gibbs

Hi everyone, Valentine's day is right around the corner. Today I wanted to share with you a simple technique that will make your cards unique.
 
 
Bubble art -  I saw this technique last year in a Martha Stewart Magazine and wanted to try it immediately, in the magazine article they used paint, but I thought the effect would be better with Glimmer Mists.
 
Here are the steps to create the background
 
Pour bubbles (the kind your kids play with) into a large bowl. 
Fill until the bottom surface is covered. No need to add a lot.

Blow bubbles using a drinking straw
 

Spray your favorite color over the top of the bubbles. I used Tutti Fruity

Gently Lay your card stock over top (water color paper works best).
Don't allow the card to sink to the bottom.

 
Use the paper for your background.  You can dip and re-dip until the desired effect is achieved.

All that is left is to put the background onto your card base, and decorate!

 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs

2 comments:

  1. I am so going to try this. Lovely card,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Valentine's Day and it is also my wedding anniversary. This is a great idea and I am going to make some tags for my special scrappy friends for Valentines. (and of course one for me too)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover