Friday, January 24, 2014

Secret Crush Card by Tonya Gibbs

Today I wanted to share with you a card from the Pink Paislee's Secret Crush collection. This collection was so hot last year.  I made several projects with it last year, and just have a few pieces left over.  My goal this year is to purge some of these odds and ends pieces. 
 
The card size is 3.5 inches by 8.5 inches so it fits nicely in a standard #10 envelope.  For my card background I used the Endless Love paper as my background. The layered doilies printed on this paper are "hoard vault" quality, but they must be used!  Then I trimmed a piece of scrap from the Polka Dance paper to make a fish tail banner for the base of my layers.
 
 
I used the hearts from the ephemera pack, tissue tape, and flat back pearls to create a banner at the top.  I think the banner offers a romantic feel to the card. Another Doily, and a few tickets from the ephemera pack were used for my layers, and the cluster was finished off with the Harlow Prima Rose.  I used left over chipboard letters to form the XO that is synonymous Valentine's Day. 
 
 
On the inside, I layered scraps from the papers for my signature area. The list of love words from the paper and the Tim Holtz Typewriter at the bottom finished off the right side of the card.   I love when things stick outside of the margins, and the "be mine" tab from the collection added a bit of interest and is seen when the card is closed.  The sticker at the bottom is from the sticker pack, and offered the perfect final touch.
 
 
 
My goal this year is to share with you ways to "destash" your older collections before they are so dated that you don't want to use them.  A lot of scraps and left overs from this collection were used in this card design.  Even though the collection was released last year, it's color pallet and iconic images make it timeless.
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 
 
 
Resources:
Advantus - Tim Holtz - Idea-ology - Tiny Attacher with 100 Tiny Staples
Advantus - Tim Holtz - Idea-ology Collection - Tissue Tape - Sketchbook
Bazzill Basics - Celebrations - 8.5 x 11 Cardstock - Tiny Diamonds Texture - Frosted Silver
FabScraps - Pearls - Bling - Cream
Pink Paislee - Secret Crush Collection - Photo Tabs
Pink Paislee - Secret Crush Collection - Paper Goods
Pink Paislee - Secret Crush Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided paper - Polka Dance
Pink Paislee - Secret Crush Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided paper - Endless Love
Pink Paislee - Secret Crush Collection - Photo Tabs
Pink Paislee - Secret Crush Collection - Cardstock Stickers - Elements
Prima - Harlow Collection - Pleated Fabric Flower Embellishments - Eve
Sizzix - Tim Holtz - Alterations Collection - Movers and Shapers Die - Vintage Telephone and Typewriter Set
We R Memory Keepers - Notable Collection - 12 x 12 Textured Cardstock - Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover