Monday, February 17, 2014

Fabric Wrapped Bracelet & One Little Word for 2014

Good morning Artsy Addicts peeps....
I have a little gem to share with you for some time now I have wanted to create a fabric wrapped bracelet!! Yes I have been so inspired by Pinterest there are many beautiful handmade jewelry eye candy! With inspiration and the One Word for the Year has been on my mind....
I have known I wanted to use "courage" as my word..
Just now having time to create a little gem
 to remind me..to have
 "courage".
I started with a torn piece of muslin and Marion Smith Designs stamps "Curious and Typo".
Stamped the word "courage" in Archival Ink in black.
Sewed another piece of torn muslin together...I just stitched over and over...for texture.
Grabbed my Tattered Angels glimmer mist started to spray away...along with more stamping!
Also glimmer mist my seam binding....and to protect the mist from 
running I brushed on a thin layer of multi-medium matte.
Punched my holes for the eyelets!!!!
Added some jump rings, chain and Junque Gems by Marion Smith...
along with my favorite little vintage mother of pearl button with the thread 
still in it....oh love this...
"courage"-gems clock for "time"-tea cup for "relax-take it in"
& vintage button "remember we I have come from".....


Thanks for stopping by today!

Take "courage" and create!
hugs,
Peggy Lee
http://pegbaker.blogspot.com

Supplies:
Marion Smith Designs-stamps "Curious, Typo"
and Junque & Gems.
Tattered Angels-Glimmer mists-graphite, turqouise blue, olive vine, 
tattered leather, slate
Ranger-Claudine Hellmuth Multi-Medium Matte, Archival Ink-black, 
Perfect Pearls Mists-heirloom gold
Tim Holtz-Jump rings
Hug Snug-seam binding
chain
vintage button

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover