Thursday, April 17, 2014

Featured Artist - Lina Monaco

Please welcome Featured Artist Lina Monaco to the blog today.  She has really been inspiring us on the Artsy Addicts Facebook page lately with gorgeous layout designs. I know you guys are going to love her post today. Make sure you visit her blog for more inspiration: http://sweetnothingspaperco.blogspot.com/  and don't forget to leave her some comment love here.....


Hi Friends!
Thanks for stopping by today!

My name is Lina and I am a craft-a-holic...LOL! I am simply an every and anything craft lover. I have been crafting since I was a child and scrapbooking for about 10 or 11 years now. Needless to say, I am addicted! I don't have a particular style and I notice that what I create can change day to day depending on my mood. I know what I like though... I like clean lines, I like colour, and I like clean, concise work. That's my goal every time I sit down to create.

I was born and raised in Toronto, Canada and lived there for the majority of my life except for a couple years ago when my hubby and I moved to a suburb of Toronto, about 25 minutes away.

In October of 2013, hubs and I welcomed our first child, Alessandra to the world. She's brought such joy to our lives and we are truly blessed! She's the love of our lives and being a mommy to her has given my life such purpose and meaning!

I love to curl up on the couch and watch movies with the love of my life, my daughter and my two puppies Romeo & Jackson. Romeo is my first "real" pet and was a gift from my hubby. He is a black Shih-Poo, 8 years old and has a teddy bear face. He's one of the smartest dogs you'll ever meet! Jackson is still a puppy and is 4 years old. He is a white Bichon-Shih Tzu mix and the happiest of puppies...especially when he chases his tail and finally catches it!

Today, I'd like to share a shadow box layout I created of my daughter at 6 weeks. I am really a random person and rarely stick to one collection or paper crafting company. I like to use what works. For the layout, I used a lovely piece of Prima Songbird paper called "Title-it". I've been hoarding this piece for a while and thought now would be a great time to use it ;) I also used, in terms of paper, Pink Paislee, London Market, Addington. In the background, I used a large white paper doily in the far back to create a soft, feminine backdrop for the papers and photo.


Embellishing was easy as pie... I used some Kaiser Craft Die cuts in Charlotte's Dream and MME, The Sweetest Thing, Lavender Stickers. To finish the entire piece off, I used many IAR mulberry flowers and leaves along with some crocheted flowers. Arranged within the flower cluster and in the top right hand corner I added a lace hand tied bow.

I think that the over all look of my piece is girly and feminine, shabby chic, but modern at the same time.

The frame itself, I left alone. I just really liked the black wood it's made of and thought it complemented the over all shabby chic look of my layout.




I would like to sincerely thank the Artsy Addicts Team for asking me to be a part of such a wonderful blog, even if it's for just a day :) It was an absolute pleasure and I am honoured beyond words!

Thanks again for stopping by. I appreciate you :)


http://sweetnothingspaperco.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Lina wow your layout is so beautiful and thanks so much for sharing with us your artwork and little about your self....fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peggy. It's been such an honour to be featured on the Artsy Addicts blog. Thanks for having me :)

      Delete
  2. What a precious Angel. I love your layout, and I too hang my special pieces in a frames around my house. Congrats on being featured, and I look forward to your future posts in the AA FB group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very kind Tonya. I will continue to share my work on the AA Facebook page. Thanks for asking me to be a part of such a wonderful online community!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover