Friday, May 9, 2014

Varsity Layout by Tonya Gibbs - May Challenge


Hi everyone, wow can you believe that school is almost out?  Where did the time go? Seriously It was just fall in my mind.   My son, Brighton, is a Jr. this year and I'm going to spend some time in the next year crying - no seriously - documenting his high school story!   I know it is hard to sometimes create Masculine Layouts so I have a few tips to kick start your creative process.

 
First of all GRUNGE makes masculine layouts come together so easily.  And what better way to get grunge then Mixed Media.  Just like little boys - the messier the better! Texture is my next hint!  I think you can't have too much texture on a boy layout!  
 

 
Second - stick to masculine colors.  Like Blues, Greens, black, browns.  Since my son's high school colors are Blue, White & Red, I decided to use them for my focal color pallet.

 

 
I typically avoid flower clusters and stick to masculine paper elements.  7Gypsies Vintage Varsity line was perfect for this layout - since it offered so many 'sports' themed elements that could be fussy cut and used for layers. 
 
Here is a process video of me making this layout.
 
 

 
 
I challenge you to post some masculine projects this month in the AA Facebook page.  From little boys, to grown me, it is a challenge sometimes to work with their photos, but they deserve to be documented too!    With Father's Day in a few short weeks, this will kick start your brain into thinking masculine!  
 
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 
 
Layout Supplies:  
  • Canvas Corp - White smooth Cardstock
  • 7Gypsies - Vintage Varsity 8x8 pad
  • Stamper's Anonymous & Tim Holtz - The Ultimate Grunge
  • Tattered Angels - Silver Glimmer Mist
  • Faber Castell - Design Memory Craft   PITT Big Brush Artist Pens in the following Colors:
    • Black,
    • White,
    • Cold Grey I 230,
    • Cold Grey IV 233,
    • Phthalo Blue 110,
    • Dark Sepia 175,
    • Deep Scarlet Red 219
  • Faber - Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos in the following colors:
    • Dark Blue
    • Silver
  • Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Glaze
  • The Crafter's Workshop 6x6 stencils in the following Patterns:
    • Mini Numbers
    • Mini Well Rounded (this is the grunge stencil)
    • Mini Wonky Circles
  • Liquitex - Full Body Gesso
  • Prima - Distress Tool
  • Pearl Ex -  Interference Red
  • Score Tape
  • Scotch - ATG
  • Scotch - Mounting Foam
  • Idea-ology - Tim Holtz - Grunge Board Numbers
  • Idea-ology - Tim Holtz - Sanding Block
  • Cosmo Cricket  - Silver Glitter Adhesive Sheets
  • Studio Calico - Wood Veneer Speech Bubbles
  • Studio Calico - Wood Veneer Abroad Cameras
  • Clear Glitter Nail Polish
  • EK Success - Square Binding Edge Punch
  • Stars - Rhinestone buttons
  • Index Card

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover